T he young or the old, all enjoy njoye hearing and rearing stories .
Interesting stories particularly appeal to everyone. Here are some important
Points which will go a long way in making a story interesting and impressive;
1. It should have a clear and well planned plot.
2. The events should follow in natural order.
3. It should be in simple English.
4. Dialogues should be impressive and worded as naturally as possible.
5. It should always be in the past tense
6. There should be on grammatical mistaked .
7. It should have some suspense for the reader, to make the story have a strong grip.
8. Practice makes a man perfect; holds good in the case of story writing too.
Developing a story from a given outline is easier than writing one on a heading or a moral. Whatever the case the conclusion or the end should be handsomely drawn and moral ( if any ) should follow in a natural and clear way.
Develop the following outline into a readable story;
A farmer has there sons_ they keep on quarrelling_ father advises again and again but to on effect_ falls seriously ill_ sends for the sons_ asks them to bring a handful of sticks _ ties them into a bundle_ asks them to break single sticks _ they easily break_ lesson_ united we stand ,divided we fall.
Once a farmer had three grown_ up sons .They always quarreled among themselves .Their father advised them to live in peace but it had no effect on them.